|Mr. Pruitt's class treating faculty and staff to a delicious Thanksgiving themed meal.||129.1 KB|
Author and theologian H. A. Ironside said, “We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.” When I read this quote, I was reminded of how we've been striving this year to be "Positive in the Present" here at SHHS, and I thought about the supportive praise we see being heaped upon one another hear at our school between students, faculty, and staff. And as this is a season of thankfulness, we would be remiss if we did not thank you for all that you do in our community to make our school great. You, our PTA , School Community Council, and other parent support groups, are truly fighting discontent and dissatisfaction with your praise and support of our students, faculty, and staff. As administration, faculty, and staff of SHHS, we are truly thankful for your support.
2014-2015 SHHS Sterling Scholars: We would like to recognize and congratulate this year's Sterling Scholars: Art – Kenny Van Ausdal; Math – Joe Cromar; Social Science – Juliana Millet; English – Bethany Wride; Vocal Performance – Nicole Flinders; Instrumental Performance – Kaytlin Davis; Speech/Theater Arts/Forensics – Sariah Lee; Skilled and Technical Sciences – Rylee Beckstead; Family and Consumer Sciences – Hayden Hullinger; Computer Technology – Katelyn Gallacher; Business and Marketing – Lauren Bennett; World Languages – Mitchell Stone; Dance – Kenadee Limb; and Science – Devri Adams. We are proud to have these students represent our school.
SHHS Footloose Production: This week the school's production of Footloose came to a close, and our students did a fabulous job with the show. Under the direction of Ms. Stubbs, the cast and crew delivered a captivating performance that appealed to our hearts and our funny bones as they brought the iconic 80's film back to life on the SHHS stage. Well done cast and crew of the show.
SHHS Girls' Basketball: The girls' basketball team tipped off the season with a dominant performance against Snow Canyon HS last Friday night. The final score was 58-31, and Coach Francom was pleased with the team's performance, calling the victory a "good team win."
- On December 12 there will be a Pursuing Victory with Honor Assembly hear at the school during the school day, following our assembly schedule.
- December 15 will be a Monday Make-up Day. The make-up time will run from 1:55-4:00 PM, and students can receive double detention time for participating.
- We will be having an Anti-bullying Assembly on December 16 during school; we will be following our assembly schedule.
- As a note of reminder, ALL attendance detentions must be made up to be eligible to participate in extracurricular activities and sports. Parents may excuse absences dating back a week, but unexcused absences that date back further than a week must be served as detention.
- Detention will be held before school, during lunch, and after school in room C207 with Ms. Houghton and before school with Mr. Schwenke (room D104).
- Our student Ammon Clark continues to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House by collecting pop tabs from soda cans. We can help Ammon in his collection efforts by bringing our pop tabs to the school and turning them into the front office, the counseling office, and (or) Mrs. Wilder's room.
Next Week at a Glance: (12/01/14 - 12/06/14)
Tuesday: SHHS Boys' Basketball versus Pleasant Grove HS @ 7:00 PM
SHHS Girls' Basketball @ Orem HS
Wednesday: SHHS Boys' Basketball @ Uintah
SHHS Band Concert @ 7:00 PM
Thursday: SHHS Girls' Basketball @ Desert Hills Tournament
Friday: SHHS Girls' Basketball @ Desert Hills Tournament
SHHS Boys' Basketball @ Mountain View HS
Skyhawk Showdown (Wrestling)
Saturday: Skyhawk Showdown (Wrestling)
SHHS Drill Competition @ UVU