Thank you to those who joined us in our last parent night of the year!
Here is a quick re-cap!
Link to a video that helps explain why we are so passionate about Positive in the Present and how it can help you:
And a link to the Ted Talk that inspired it all:
Positive in the Present:
- 3 things you are grateful for
- 1 positive experience from the last 24 hours
- Exercise & Meditate (headspace & calm are our favorite apps - there is also a ton of free stuff on Youtube
- 1 act of kindness (like sending a thank you text to someone)
- Try to do something different each day and look for opportunities to help others!
Some other fun and interesting things:
From a parent: "There’s a great book called I Can’t Make it All Better. Teaches validation and takes the pressure off parents and puts responsibility on the shoulders of the person. It’s all about listening and validating. It’s excellent and so helpful."
One of Us Lyrics we take to heart: "Everyone needs a place to call their home, everyone needs someone to call their own, even when you’re lonely know you’re not alone, you’re one of us!"
The recording from tonight's zoom will be posted soon! Thanks for joining us!