|August 26 SHHS Skyhawk Happenings Newsletter||1022.24 KB|
August 26 SHHS Skyhawk Happenings Newsletter
|play unified!.pdf||6.77 MB|
Come and play Unified Soccer starting Aug. 30th! This is a high school team that brings students with and without disabilities together to compete. We are in need of athletes and unified partners that want to represent SHHS. This program is for everyone and promotes social inclusion through soccer training and local tournaments. If you would like to join this amazing team, or have any questions please contact one of the coaches:
haylee.whiteley [at] nebo.edu (haylee[dot]whiteley[at]nebo[dot]edu)
jennyh856 [at] gmail.com (jennyh856[at]gmail[dot]com)
brock.peery [at] nebo.edu (brock[dot]peery[at]nebo[dot]edu)
kyra.peery [at] gmail.com (kyra[dot]peery[at]gmail[dot]com)
Let's Talk Attendance!
The BEST way to excuse your student's absence is to reply to the "student attendance" email, OR to email the attendance office at: cindie.simmons [at] nebo.edu. Please be sure to include the student's first & last name, student ID number, as well as the date & class periods that you are needing to excuse your student from.
In order to remain eligible for school activities, you need to remain under the 20 hour threshold. Please make up your UNEXCUSED ABSENCES & missed academic time by one of the following ways:
- With your teachers! Students may make up their missed class time with their teachers, as scheduled with their teacher. Serving 45 minutes counts for 1 absences, serving 20 minutes counts for 1/2 of an absence.
- ART (Academic Recovery Time) Labs!
- Tuesday - Friday Before School: 7:00 – 7:45 a.m. in room: D209 (Mrs. Tolbert)
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday After School: 2:45 – 3:30 p.m. in room: D203 (Mr. VanLeuven)
- Wellness Wednesdays
- Earn double hours each Wednesday after school from 2:45-3:30pm in room: D104 (Across from the Library)
As a reminder, you can find a link to our attendance policy here: SHHS Attendance Policy
Our Skyhawk Weight Room will be available to any SHHS student Monday-Friday from 3pm-6pm. Students must show some form of Student ID (iCampus, ID card, etc) in order to be admitted. The weight room will have adult supervision during these hours. Students must be sure to follow the weight room rules, or may lose their opportunity for using the weight room.
|August 19 SHHS Skyhawk Happenings Newsletter||2.16 MB|
August 19 SHHS Skyhawk Happenings Newsletter
Picture day is Thursday & Friday! Attached is the picture packet information!