SHHS Buy-One-Get-One Free Book FairMonday, April 17 through Friday, April 21stTimes: 7:30 am to 3:00 pm, except Monday will close early at 2:00 pmEVERYTHING at the book fair is Buy One and get the same or lesser item FREE We will also be collecting money to buy books from the book fair using the Buy-One-Get-One Free to donate books to Primary Children's Medical Center in Quinton Muir's name. We hope to be able to send many books to them for their wonderful service to the Muir family. We are in great need of volunteers to help staff the book fair. If you have some time, please contact Linda Jones @ 801-361-1173 or go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080b4bafaf2aa46-salem
The Curious Savage is a hilarious play set in the 1950's in a mental institution. Mrs. Savage's husband has died, leaving her with three greedy step-children and a 10 million dollar fortune. The play is fun for the whole family and opens Wednesday night and runs through the 17th at 7:00 p.m.however, we are offering a Saturday afternoon matinee at 3:00 p.m. on the 15th! Tickets are only $5.
FCCLA Salem Hills High School
STATE CONVENTION RESULTS- 2017
- Talia Christensen - Chapter Service Portfolio, Bronze
- Baylee Ewell - Fashion Construction, Silver
- Amber Alldredge & Brielle Collings - Focus on Children, Silver
- Tess Willardson - Career Investigation, Silver (2nd Place - going to Nationals)
- Sharon Woodhouse - Early Childhood Education, Gold (2nd Place - going to Nationals)
- Jaiden Mayo - Early Childhood Education, Gold (3rd Place)
- Kate Maddock & Abigail Loch - Chapter in Review Display, Gold (2nd Place - going to Nationals)
- Kenzie Wilkinson - Fashion Construction, Gold (2nd Place - qualified for Nationals)
- Amanda Moulton & Jenna Moulton - Interpersonal Communications, Gold (1st Place - going to Nationals)
On Saturday, March 25, McKenzie Taylor received an Award for Aspirations in Computing from the National Center for Women in Information Technology (NCWIT). As a part of this award, McKenzie received a $1,000 scholarship from the NCWIT, a Kindle Fire, a license for Adobe Creative Cloud, and many other amazing prizes.
McKenzie is a strong, determined young woman who loves computer programming. She is currently a STEM Ambassador for Nebo School District. Part of her duties as a STEM Ambassador include teaching her love for computers to elementary-aged school children. She was also chosen to represent the Utah County 4-H at the 2017 Citizenship Washington Focus in Washington DC. There she met with congress representatives Mia Love, Rob Bishop, Chris Stewart, and Jason Chaffetz, and was witness to the presidential inauguration. She is also reigning queen for Teen Miss Santaquin. She is looking forward to earning her degree in Computer Technology. She wants to use that knowledge to develop software to help children with type 2 diabetes, like her 8-year-old brother, to live normal lives. Congratulations McKenzie!!!
1st: 7:50-8:40 am
2nd: 8:45-9:35 am
Assembly: 9:40-10:30 am (Everyone stays in their 2nd period classroom).
3rd: 10:35-11:25 am
Lunch: 11:25-12:00 pm
4th: 12:05-12:55 pm
5th: 1:00-1:40 pm