You are here
Alison Pray and Tony Lundberg
Alison Pray has started her senior year off by demonstrating why she is one of the top returning distance runners in the state with two great performances. She placed 3rd in the Region VIII Pre-Region meet, then finished 2nd in the Payson Night Hunt on Friday night. She has also demonstrated great leadership as one of our Team Captains this season. She is in for a great Senior year.
Tony Lundberg has spent the past three years working hard and improving his running, and his hard work is now paying off this season! He was our top finisher at the Pre-Region meet this past week, and then finished the week by taking 2nd place overall in an extremely competitive field at the Payson Night Hunt. He is going to have a great season!
- Varsity Tennis swept Juan Diego with 5 wins and 0 losses - JV swept with 14 wins and 0 losses.
- Spanish Fork Tournament: Salem #1 Team beat Dixie and Uintah 5-0 4-1!
- Salem #2 Team beat Dixie 3-2 and Uintah 5-0 and almost beat Harriman's Varsity team losing 2 of 3 tie-breaks. Wow!
Overall, both Salem teams tied for 5th place.
- Spanish Fork JV Tournament: Since our JV main team was playing in the varsity tournament our alternate team represented SHHS for the JV tournament. Salem alternate team was exceptional taking 1st on day 1 and 1st on day 2. Our record was 11-4 against other teams. Kelsie Chapman and Jaylee Johnson took first place both days and Clover Carter and Meg Weeks took 3rd!!!
- Salem Hills Girls Soccer have begun their soccer season with a 4-1 record, with wins over ALA, North Sanpete, Pleasant Grove, and Wasatch. The lone loss is to Box Elder.
- The Wasatch win was the first in team history at Wasatch to earn the Lady Skyhawks a 1-0 start to region play.
- Erin Parker and Syd Sorensen connected for two goals in the win, while Kelsey Parcell assisted Emily Stevens with the middle goal in the 3-1 victory.
The Skyhawks are currently lead by Emily Stevens with 6 goals, Ashley Hughes and Kelsey Parcell with 4 goals each, and Erin Parker at 3 goals. Syd Sorensen leads the team with 4 assists and Emily Adams and Emily Stevens have 3 assists each.
Congratulations to Paul Clark! Paul was awarded the Yellow Jersey for doing all the hard work that is required to be able to do concurrent enrollment with his Fincancial Lit classes.
The Yellow Jersey or maillot jaune, represents the overall leader of the Tour de France. Our principal, Mr. Peery, will be recognizing excellence in our school by presenting teachers and staff with a Yellow Jersey. The first Yellow Jersey was presented to Lee Gillie, Bart Thompson, Lori Muir, Mike Larsen, and Tempy Coffey for their hard work on our new citizenship policy.